Vianca's Insurance

& Financial Services

"Protect your family while on the road"

Auto Insurance

What is Auto Insurance?

Auto insurance is protection for yourself, your cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary purpose is to provide financial protection for physical damage and bodily injury resulting from traffic collision.

California Law, requires everyone to show financial responsibility for any vehicle that they own, in case of bodily injury or damage to other peoples property.

Auto insurance is required on all vehicles operated on California roadways. You must carry evidence of insurance, and specified when:


Requested by law enforcement.

Renewing vehicle registration.

The vehicle is involved in a traffic collisions.



The minimum liability insurance requirements for private passage vehicles in California are:


$15,000 for injury/ death to one person.

$30,000 for injury/ death to more than one person.

$5,000 for damage to property.




You can also self-insure your auto but must do the following:


Make a cash deposit of $35,000 with the DMV.

Obtain a DMV-issued self-insurance certificate.




Obtain a surety bond for $35,000 from a company licensed to do business in California.

Bodily Injury Liability

If you operate a vehicle in California, you are liable for any bodily injury that may occur from a car incident. The law only requires $15,000, which is not sufficient to cover the overall cost of an event.


Bodily injury liability covers the following:


  • Medical Expenses

  • Legal Fees

  • Loss of Income

  • Pain and Suffering

  • Funeral Costs


For this reason, increasing your liability limit will protect you from any future event. The limit required in California are insufficient and puts your properties at risk from any future lawsuit. A $15,000 liability policy would solely cover two nights in a hospital, excluding any future therapy, medicine, and loss of income for the future months. 

Property Damage

The lowest insurance limit required in an insurance policy, while the most neglected on it is importance. Property damage could become extremely costly in an car incident. In an event of a car accident, that would involved multiple vehicles could surpass the limit required.


Property damages cover by insurance included:


  • Repairs to damages on the vehicles involved in the collision

  • Fixing of any destruction on houses, fences, lamp posts, mailboxes, etc

  • Legal defense fees

  • Lost income from business closure that the collision produced



If you solely obtain the minimum required, it will not cover a third of the cost listed above. While it is most costly to obtain a higher insurance coverage, the cost of not obtaining enough could bring a toll on your personal properties.

Uninsured Motorist

Not required by law, uninsured motorist coverage protects you from a driver who doesn't hold car insurance. In an event of a hit and run, the insurance company will cover some of the liability and property damage if you help identify the uninsured driver.

This protects you from using your own insurance provider to cover the cost conducted by another vehicle risking that it will not protect the full expense. For this reason, we recommend on obtaining a minimum coverage for uninsured motorist in an event of this ever occurring. 

© 2019 by Vianca's Insurance & Financial Services.