There are no do-overs in retirement!
According to a statement written by Nasdaq in May 2011 the top 10 reasons people fail to plan for retirement are:
Are you prepared?
- Do you know what your monthly expenses will be after you retire?
- Have you done calculations to compare your retirement number and your anticipated monthly expenses to help you make adjustments as needed if your retirement income is insufficient?
- Will you have any outstanding debt when you retire?
- Will you be able to pay off your current mortgage with only your retirement income?
- Do you have other assets that can help supplement your retirement income?
- Will you have to work to supplement your retirement income and how will that effect your quality of life in retirement?
Don’t become another statistic!
Here is a checklist of items to consider during your working years to help you prepare